Harvey Weinstein wins minor victory as prosecutors dismiss one charge in sex assault case after new information about accuser comes to light

Manhattan’s district attorney has dropped part of the criminal case against Harvey Weinstein.
The development was announced in court Thursday with Weinstein looking on.
A judge agreed to dismiss allegations by one of three accusers in the case, Lucia Evans.
In a story published a year ago Wednesday, Evans told The New Yorker that Weinstein forced her to perform oral sex during a meeting at his office in 2004.
Remaining charges include allegations Weinstein raped a woman in 2013 and forced a sex act on a different woman in 2006.
Weinstein says he is innocent.
His lawyer, Benjamin Brafman, said in court that he believes Evans lied to the grand jury about what happened.
Harvey Weinstein is now facing just five charges in his criminal case after a judge on Thursday agreed to dismiss one count that was related to a 2004 allegation. 
This small win came after new evidence came to light about Lucia Evans, who claimed she had been forced to perform oral sex on Weinstein back in 2004 while attending a meeting at his office in New York.
Assistant District Attorney Joan Illuzzi told the court that the prosecution would not object to the dismissal, noting that the defendant is still facing five additional charges. 
Day in court: Harvey Weinstein is now facing just five charges in his criminal case
Day in court: Harvey Weinstein is now facing just five charges in his criminal case