Security services face questions over London attacker

Counter-terror agencies are under the spotlight after it emerged one of the London attackers was known to security services.
Khuram Shazad Butt was investigated in 2015, but officers insisted there was no evidence to suggest an attack was being planned.
He was therefore "prioritised in the lower echelons of our investigative work," police said.
Metropolitan Police Assistant Commissioner Mark Rowley defended the actions of the security services.
A police officer lays flowers passed to him by members of the public on London Bridge
Video:In numbers: How the UK terror threat has evolved
"At any one time MI5 and police are conducting around 500 active investigations, involving 3,000 subjects of interest.
"Additionally, there are around 20,000 individuals who are former subjects of interest, whose risk remains subject to review by MI5 and its partners."
Meanwhile, the chairman of the mosque where one of the London attackers worshipped has told of his shock.
Sunawar Ali said that he remembered Rachid Redouane as "quiet" and "gentle".
Mr Ali said he had last seen Redouane about two weeks ago but he did not speak to him, nor did he see anyone else speak to him.
Redouane has been named by police along with Khuram Shazad Butt as two of the three terrorists responsible for killing seven people and injuring more than 40 in the London Bridge area on Saturday night.
Imag
He told Sky News that Redouane was "quiet ... hasn't made any problems".
When he was told Redouane, 30, had been involved in the terror attack, he said: "Wow, I feel very sad but I don't believe how this happened.
"I've got no clue why and how so really I'm shocked now.
"This sort of thing... security should be updated if this is the fact."
Redouane claimed to be Moroccan and Libyan but was also known to have lived in Ireland for 18 months until last year.
The third attacker is yet to be publicly named by police and officers have appealed for people with information about the three men to come forward, especially anyone who can help piece together their movement in the days and hours leading up to the attack.
A police officer lays flowers passed to him by members of the public on London Bridge
Video:In numbers: How the UK terror threat has evolved
As well as using a van and knives in their murderous spree, the men are also believed to have had a stock of at least a dozen Molotov cocktails in the back of that van.
Sky's Crime Correspondent Martin Brunt said: "Officers discovered what appeared to be bottles filled with a colourless liquid with rags coming out of the top, they clearly appeared to be Molotov cocktails."
preview image
Video:Amir Khan: 'Not all Muslims are bad'
Meanwhile, police confirmed that 12 people arrested on Sunday in connection with the attack have now been released without charge. They had detained seven men and five women and have also searched six properties as part of their investigation.
Of the 48 people taken to hospital with injuries from the attack, 36 are still receiving treatment, with 18 of those in a critical condition.
Video:Khan: I haven't got time to respond to tweets from Donald Trump
Police are still working to advise the families of those killed, something which is taking longer than usual as some are from overseas.
The second victim to be named is James McMullan, 32, from Hackney, His sister Melissa McMullan described him as an "inspiration" and a "unique personality".
Canadian Christine Archibald, 30, died in her fiance's arms after being struck by the attackers' speeding van on London Bridge.
A French national has also been confirmed as having been killed but this person has not yet been publicly named.
Among those still missing are a Spanish national and an Australian.
Security services face questions over London attacker Security services face questions over London attacker Reviewed by Alexander Von Stern on 21:47:00 Rating: 5